Saturday, September 22, 2007

YouTube - thing 20

In reading YouTube's explanation of what's protected by copyright, I realized that the last two clips I watched on YouTube were pretty clear copyright violations. One was the hilarious extra footage of FreakShow's song in Harold and Kumar go to White Castle. Since it was actually a videotape of someone's TV, I had guessed it might not be legal. So I won't include that in my blog, but instead give you one of my favorite commercials from childhood, with a closing line often repeated by my sister and me. A library website could offer tours of their buildings or clips from former programs, though I suppose you'd need releases from the people appearing in them.

I ended up creating an account with YouTube and linking my blog to it, so I think my video should just show up soon...

No comments: