Monday, September 10, 2007

del.icio.us - thing 13

I tried to give this a chance - honest. I tagged some toddler game websites, looked around at what other parents (presumably) have tagged, and added del.icio.us to my computer at home. So I was able to access the bookmarks I researched at work when at home, which was nice, but since I work part-time, there's not much benefit to me in that respect. I think that a lot more people would have to get involved for the social aspect to be beneficial. Certain sites have tons of people who tagged it, while similarly useful sites have about 12 people who tagged it - it didn't seem that the number of tags was an indicator of quality at this point in its evolution.

1 comment:

JimD said...

I took to del.icio.us right away. Although I think it makes a BIG difference that I have a computer that's assigned to me at work. Using it on a shared computer isn't the best because you have to be sure you're logged in as you and not someone else. At first I liked the idea that I could take my bookmarks with me anywhere. That's handy. Recently, though, I was looking for a really good horoscope site for someone and I was surprised that I wasn't able to find one through the usual avenues of search engines and directories. I searched for 'horoscope' in del.icio.us and found a few very useful sites. Like anything else, it's another tool. I don't think we'll ever bump into that thing that is the one-stop-shopping solution for all the info we need. As long as that's the case, we'll still have jobs. That's a plus!