Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Ta-da! - thing 23

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
YouTube, online applications, LibraryThing and play week.

Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I was happy to share google docs with my husband; I think it's a solution to his students' problems with saving and showing slide presentations in class.

In the larger scheme of things, I thought it was neat to see how my branch shared their blogs and helped each other. Two CAs were included in Posts Worth Reading and there was a lot of branch pride about that. In addition, having this program available to all levels of employees means that we value the personal development of everyone. And in reading about issues facing librarianship, like the library 2.0 discussion, I wouldn't be surprised if we inspired some CAs to look librarianship as a career.

If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you again chose to participate?
Yes! I really enjoyed it. Learning about technology is particularly empowering.

No comments: