Friday, August 17, 2007

LibraryThing - #11

Someone introduced me to LibraryThing about a year ago, and I use it to enter a book title and find similar titles for customers. It works for reader's advisory in a way that NoveList and Amazon don't.

I added five titles to my account, but I don't see using it personally. I don't own many books outside of cookbooks and knitting books (and the fiction I do own, I never read because I'm saving them for a huge snowstorm or something ridiculous like that - buying a book is like the kiss of death). I could catalog everything I read even if I don't own it, but I still like my pencil and paper list for that. Maybe if we get a laptop where the keyboard and wireless work, I can use the computer more at home and get into something like this.

http://www.librarything.com/catalog/juliewilde71

No comments: